The Police have warned voters to beware of certain electoral offences on the election days.
The warning was contained a statement signed by Mr Emmanuel Ojukwu, the Force Public Relations Officer, on Thursday,
The offences include:
- voting twice or more
- announcing false election result
- stopping people from voting
- revealing information on a ballot paper of another person
- being in possession of another person’s voter card
- disorderly behaviour at polling unit
- canvassing for votes at polling unit
- shouting slogan of a political party at polling unit
The statement also said that being armed with guns, sticks, stones or any other dangerous weapons at polling unit and loitering or walking about in a poling unit were offences.
It listed the other offences as using siren at a polling unit, snatching or destroying ballot boxes or card readers, holding public meeting during election hours on election day.
It also listed wearing or carrying badge or poster of a political party and inflicting or threatening to inflict injury on any person or persons at a polling unit as the others.
“The Nigeria Police Force advises the public to avoid trouble, as any offender will be arrested and prosecuted.”