‘Dead’ Woman Shows Up At Own Funeral

An Australian woman had the sweetest revenge on her husband when she showed at her own funeral, planned by her husband who had paid to have her killed.

Noela Rukundo sat in a car outside her funeral and popped out when her husband, Balenga Kalala, appeared. She told the BBC his reaction was priceless.

“Is it my eyes?” she recalled him saying. “Is it a ghost?” “Surprise! I’m still alive!” she replied.

Balenga looked terrified and even touched her shoulder to make sure it was real. He started screaming when he realized she was, indeed, alive. “I’m sorry for everything,” he cried. “So let’s talk about that “everything,” shall we?

Five days before the funeral, Balenga had hired a team of hit men to kill his wife (and mother of his three kids) while she was in her native Burundi for her stepmother’s funeral.

Noela said she was really stressed and depressed by the death of her family member, so she was in bed in a hotel in Burundi after the funeral. Her husband, who was still in Australia, called and told her to go outside for some fresh air. And that’s when a man came at her with a gun. He forced her into a car, where two other men were waiting. They covered her eyes and drove for a half hour, then ended up at a building, where they tied her to a chair.

“They ask me, ‘What did you do to this man? Why has this man asked us to kill you?’ And then I tell them, ‘Which man? Because I don’t have any problem with anybody,” Noela recalled. “They say, ‘Your husband!’ I say, ‘My husband can’t kill me, you are lying!’ And then they slapped me.” The gang’s leader then made a phone call and put the other person on speaker. “Kill her,” Noela heard her husband say. And then she passed out.

Noela Rukundo

Noela Rukundo

Luckily, the gang members had some morals and informed Noela that they wouldn’t kill her. But first they called Balenga back and got more money out of him, before telling him the job was done.

The gang members ended up leaving Noela by the side of a road and gave her a memory card containing recorded phone conversations of Balenga discussing the murder, as well as receipts for the money transfers. As Noela secretly made her way back to Australia, her husband told everyone that she had died in an accident.

After she confronted Balenga at her funeral, Noela naturally called the police. Soon after, they had her call Balenga on a recorded line where he confessed everything. He also said that he wanted to have her killed because he thought she wanted to leave him for another man.

Balenga, who tried to deny everything in court, is now serving nine years in jail.



Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s